An Education plan will be outlined to all children and young people when they are placed any home of Exceptional Care. Time and energy will be centred on supporting, encouraging, and motivating their access to education.
Our aim is…
Education is one of our primary focuses. We provide a learning environment in the home, where we celebrate achievements and goals. Supporting the children through the key stages of learning and providing opportunities to set life time ambitions.
If on or during their time in Exceptional Care, a young person has special education needs included in an EHCP, Exceptional Care will ensure they have access to al appropriate support to meet their education needs and attainment.
- The local schools we use provide high level, supportive and inspirational teaching at Key Stage 3 and 4 to ensure positive progression.
- Working alongside the school with support to develop young people who require appropriate support and challenge to meet their academic, emotional, behavioural, and/or social needs.
- Our children and young people will be well prepared for the modern world with a positive approach to learning and confident as they enter their future careers or further educational opportunities.
- Where children or young people are provided with tutor support due to social isolation anxiety, we will examine a calm learning environment for this to occur, within our central office or a space within the home.
- We will encourage young people to participate in activities or education opportunities if they have a talent or an aspiration for something that they see as a future goal.
- Whilst we recognise that not all children placed will settle into a school and often have a school phobia. To ensure that children and learning and when in placement the company are accredited to provide the Unit Award Scheme (UAS)
- We have a nominated trained coordinator, where the coordinator will mark and submit each unit, they successfully complete, which is lists the outcomes and experiences covered in the unit.
- The units completed can then be used in support of applications for further education, training, or employment. Please note that this is a recognition achievement scheme and not a qualification, you can even choose different assessment methods to suit individual styles of learning.
- This learning style is important as a starting point for a lot of children who are placed with us and then gives then confidence into looking at returning and assists with the planning in certain subjects areas for their Personal Education Plan.