Where you will be based:
Merseyside/Lancashire, St Helens
What you need to apply:
– Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
– NVQ 3 Children and Young People or equivalent
– NVQ 4 Management, CMS, DMS equivalent or working towards
– Professional Care Qualification (DipSW, CMS, CQSW, Registered Manager’s Award)
– Diploma 5 Leadership & Management Children & Young People.
– Considerable evidence of working with young people in a residential setting
– Evidence of management at a senior level within a residential setting, Evidence of staff/team management on a regular basis, Budget management including monitoring, recording & reporting, Leadership and motivation skills, excellent interpersonal skills, Good written & oral communication
What you will be doing:
– Take overall responsibility for all staff, delegating effectively and appropriately. Manage and monitor labour costs, staffing structures and rotas, ensuring they meet requirements of the children`s needs and are in line with allocated labour budgets.
– Ensure all staffs are aware of their responsibilities in relation to adherence of policies, both in the home, the organisation and those set out in Children’s Legislation and Regulations.
– Ensure all staff adhere to and work within the policies and procedures established in the organisation and the home.
– Develop and know to staff a variety of intervention strategies regarding behaviour management. In order that children can develop coping mechanisms and changes in patterns of behaviour.
– Take a lead in ensuring meetings and reviews of children and staff are delivered within required time scales.
– Ability to occasionally work out of normal office hours and be on call.
– Be flexible when needed to provide cover to other homes.
– Full driving licence