Where you will be based:
Merseyside/Lancashire, St Helens
What you need to apply:
– Must hold a level 3 diploma in children and young people and must have experience working with children in a residential setting with emotional behavioural difficulties.
Proven ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
– Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to people with emotional & challenging behaviours & learning difficulties.
– A commitment to a service which provides support to vulnerable individuals, and which is respectful and according to the individuals’ wishes
– Good communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively with young people, colleagues, family members, Managers and other persons with a legitimate interest in the project
– Commitment to training and development. Honesty, reliability and trustworthiness.
– Commitment to Equality & Diversity as part of your role.
– Desired: Car driver, willing to use own car as required and ability to homes vehicle/drive minibus where applicable
What you will be doing:
– To work as a senior member of the team in the provision of care and support services for people with emotional and challenging behaviours; which aims to maximise the potential of individuals in line with ordinary life principles.
– May be required to take charge of the service in absence of the Registered Manager and Service and to undertake on-call duties.
– Support and participate in young people’s social, life-long learning plans and recreational activities in line with care plans, trips out and holidays. Act as a Key worker to specified individual young person, taking on responsibility for specified areas of care and support. This includes ensuring all medical needs are met and supporting the young person to advocate his/her own needs and wishes. Encourage young people to maintain acceptable levels of personal and environmental hygiene.